Installing OSM-Maps on a Garmin-GPS device
How it works:
- Download an gmapsupp.img File of your choice.
- Unzip this file to your pc.
- Connect your GPS as removeable storage with your pc.
- Copy the File to the [Garmin] or [Maps] Directory of your external Storage of your GPS.
From now on you can get a ready compiled installer (*.exe) for german federal countries as well as european, african and asian countries. If you are using these files, you can ignore the items 2 - 4.
- Download a file of your choice with "Nsis-Installer" or "Exe-Datei" in it's name.
- Install the program NSIS.
- Unzip the file on your pc
- Right-click on the file with the suffix *.nsi then click on "Compile NSIS Script".
- Start the generated exe-file
- Open Mapsource/Basecamp, activate the map an transfer it to your GPS.
However, I do not assume responsibility for the data's accuracy, thoroughness, or actuality.